Last modified: May 25, 2018
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you download, install, register with, access or use the MSM Mobile Application or Website (the "Services"); and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This Policy applies only to information we collect in connecting with the Services and, in e-mail, text and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with the Services.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through this the Services; and
- You provide to or is collected by any third party
Third parties may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information to them.
Children under the Age of 13
The Services are not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at:
MSMCI, Inc.1440 Broadway, Suite 750, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Services:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us; and
- Automatically when you use the Services.
Information You Provide to Us.
When you download, register with or use the MSM Mobile Application or Website, we may ask you provide information by which you may be personally identified, such as your name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other information the Mobile Application or Website collects that is defined as personal or personally identifiable information under an applicable law (“Personal Information”).
Information which we may ask you to provide includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on the Website or Mobile Application. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Services, and posting material and requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a Contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with the Services.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through the Services and of the fulfillment of your orders, if any. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through the Website and/or Mobile Application; and
- Your search queries on the Website and/or Mobile Application.
Your User Contributions (including videos, comments, live streams, and pictures) may be published or displayed ("Posted") and transmitted to others and is done so at your own risk. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of third parties with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
We may share information without our group of companies or with third parties as described in the "Disclosure of Your Information" section below.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking.
When you download, access and use the Services, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Services, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Services, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Services;
- Device Information. We may collect information about your mobile device and internet connection, including the device’s unique device identifier, IP address, operating system, browser type, mobile network information and the device’s telephone number; and
- Stored Information and Files. The Website or Mobile Application may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device(s). This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips, personal contacts and address book information.
If you do not want us to collect this information, do not utilize the Services or contact us at email@example.com.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps or other online services (behavioral tracking). For information on how you can opt out of behavioral tracking on or through the Website or Mobile Application and how we respond to browser signals and other mechanisms that enable consumers to exercise choice about behavioral tracking, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies.
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our Services.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website or Mobile Application and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain application content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-party Information Collection
When you use the Services, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Advertisers, advertising networks and advertising servers;
- Analytics companies;
- Your mobile device manufacturer; and
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use the Services. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, please contact us at email@example.com.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information, to:
- Provide you with the Services, and any other information, products or services that you request from us;
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide the information;
- Give you notices about your account/subscription, including expiration and renewal notices;
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection; and
- Notify you when updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide through it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Services and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns;
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Mobile Application according to your individual interests;
- Speed up your searches; and
- Recognize you when you use the Mobile Application.
We use location information that we collect to ensure users are eligible to participate in certain contests or promotions.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own and third parties’ goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may use the information we collect to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose Personal Information that we collect or you provide:
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates;
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our users is among the assets transferred;
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have consented to these disclosures. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an e-mail address to use the "e-mail a friend" feature of our Website or Mobile Application, we will transmit the contents of that e-mail and your e-mail address to the recipients;
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information;
- With your consent;
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request;
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including the Mobile Application and/or Website EULA, and/or terms of sale for billing and collection; and
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Your Choices about Our Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. This section describes mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of over your information.
- Promotion by the Company. If you do not want us to use your e-mail address to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out. You can also opt-out by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com;
- Targeted Advertising by the Company. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out. You can also always opt-out by sending us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org; and
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising and Marketing. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for advertising and marketing purposes, you can opt-out. You can also always opt-out by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may send us an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Your Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of our Services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail or write us at:
MSMCI, Inc.1440 Broadway, Suite 750, Oakland, CA 94612, USA
Similarly, if the laws of the country within which you are resident provide for a disclosure of this nature i.e. what information we hold on you, or disclose to third parties, you may email us or write to the above address.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Services like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile devices is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee the security of your Personal Information transmitted through our Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
We may update our Policy from time to time. If we make material changes to how we treat Personal Information, we will post the new Policy on this page with a notice that the Policy has been updated and notify you by e-mail and/or text message to the primary e-mail address and/or phone number specified in your account the first time you use the Website and/or Mobile Application after we make the change.
The date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address and/or phone number for you and for periodically visiting this Policy to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
MSMCI, Inc.1440 Broadway, Suite 750, Oakland, CA 94612, USA